Total Pageviews

Friday, April 8, 2016

Fashion Basics: The Introduction

Hello, fellow Stylinistas;

The RockMyStyling blog is all about developing a personal and authentic style that suits the individual.  The target audience (aside from myself!) for the blog is the mature woman who wants to look "good" no matter her age and who has the initiative to not settle for less than being all she can be.  It is meant as a resource for those who wish to refine and possibly add to (and share) her sense of style and "tricks of the trade" with other women who are also interested. The basics apply to any woman of any age.

I began with the  the first  blog in the "RockMy.." series last September with "RockMyAges.blogspot.com" , that I planned as an on-line journal to celebrate all the ways women over 40 "were not dead yet", (a name I discovered as a blog site) Within the first week I discovered the subject was much too broad to cover in one blog.  I added "RockMyRole.blogspot.com" as a site to remind myself and share advice as to the most suitable wardrobe a woman would need to serve all the different roles a woman might play in her personal play called "LifeStyle". ( A bit cutesy, but accurate).  Each of us perform in this play every day and in every way.

Unfortunately, I have discovered that this blog is somewhat a mish-mash of basic styling principles, styling tips, general how-to's on acquiring an appropriate wardrobe, etc., etc., etc. I have covered all the basic principles, etc. in that blog but it is certainly not a quick reference guide..........hence, this blog that is meant to remain generally static, but easy for me to update, and easy for the reader to find information on a general topic or styling tip. The blog "RockMyFitness.blogspot.com" is intended to provide general tips for helping the older woman feel well enough to care about her appearance.  "RockmyRunwaay.blogspot.com", is a stylebook I display on line demonstrating my personal styling tastes for the upcoming fashion season.

I will re-post and update the fundamentals of defining and identifying personal style, basic design principles of fashion, and choosing fashions the most flattering  to a woman's personal body type, features, age group, and aesthetic.  Although the "RockMy..." series is targeted toward the 40+ female, the information contained within this particular blog is suitable for any age group, or gender for that matter.

Comments on my blogs are always welcome; I do not list with subscribers, I do not get paid in any way for these blogs...you can call it an on-line hobby or a personal styling journal I share with my friends and new fashion associates.  I also leave an e-mail address that you may correspond privately with me at any time should you not wish to leave a comment.

.......,.....Geneva...................Rockmyages@aol.com



No comments:

Post a Comment